Saturday, December 26, 2009

Unexpected journey~!

Hey everybody,

Today is my 2nd day in my uncle house. My uncle family are in Kuching leaving me alone in this house. Haha.

I met a nice friend from Miri who is having his internship in Finisar. This weekend, I decided to bring him around since he doesn't have any transportation. From going to church, shopping and even eating good food. Today was abit unusual. I asked him out for lunch and we had an expensive, Ipoh famous chicken rice for lunch in Ipoh town. I forgot the shop's name though. Sorry :) Then I drive him around to see the Ipoh town.

After driving around and me being a Sarawakian Ipoh tour guide, I am on the road back to his house :) He is staying at Klebang Jaya, just opposite Finisar. It was still early and I don't know where to bring him already. So, I suggested to go to Sungai Siput (further down) since I never been there before. So off we go. We reached Sg. Siput and drive through some housing estate and the time was still early again. Nothing much to see. Haha. So, I suggested to go to the royal town of Perak, Kuala Kangsar (KK). So off we go again. Haha.

Here are the pictures I took. Sorry for the poor pictures because I use my hand phone camera to take. It was an unplanned trip thats why.


This is the big clock. Its in Kuala Kangsar center. Basically, Kuala Kangsar town have 2 main roundabout which is then divided to different parts of KK which are then link back to the other junction of the roundabout. And there are always full of cars. Haha.


This is the Kuala Kangsar town. To my surprise, there is traffic jam in places like KK!!

So my friend, Leong, he contacted his friend regarding where to go and visit, where is interesting and nice to see in Kuala Kangsar. This is the first place we go.




The Sultan Azlan Shah gallery. We reach there at 445pm and unlucky enough, the muzuem closed at 430. =.= So, we only snap a few pictures from the outside. :D

We then go to our next destination.

The Ubudiah Mosque. It looks pretty grand and it is one of the most beautiful mosque in Malaysia according to wikipedia :D So, my friend and I went in and have a closer look.


This is the view from the parking area.

Then we continued our journey to the Istana Iskandariah. There is a road circle-ing the palace. The palace are not accessible to outsider. So, we took a slow drive around the palace and park at one area for some pictures.


Me.

And my friend, Leong.

On the way out, I saw another junction. I was curious so I turned in to see anything to see. Thus, we reached the Muzium Diraja Perak (Royal Perak Muzuem). Some call it Istana Kenangan (Memorial Palace). Like I've mentioned, we reach KK quite late so its closed for visitors. So we took some pictures from outside. It looks pretty grand too. This palace is unique compare to other palace because it is the only palace in Malaysia build without nails and woven bamboo walls. Its a muzuem now though.




Besides, there are 3 couples taking pictures there. Couple as in just married :D



Leong's friend mentioned of a famous laksa in KK. Called "Pak Ngah". So off we go hunting it. After seeking for some direction from a few people, we reached there. Apparently we asked a few people and they all know about this "Pak Ngah" laksa. So, I guess it must be pretty famous there :D

There is a small road next to a school. Really small road. Like entering a kampung. But at the end of the road, many cars were there. Haha. Here is how the shop look like.


This is the bowl of laksa. Quite nice I must say but still can't compare a single bit to Sarawak laksa. Haha.

What a wonderful day we had just too bad we didn't go earlier. Else we can visit the muzuem. Anyways, there are few place that we didn't visit such as The First & Oldest Rubber tree planted in the country and labu sayong - a traditional earthenware container. Haha. Maybe next time or when la. :D That's all from me. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment